Skip to main content
Find out how Horizon Power and the WA Government are supporting you through COVID-19 and learn about the $600 WA Household Electricity Credit. Find out more

Connecting and disconnecting

Do I need to engage an electrical contractor to reconnect my property after disconnection?

In accordance with the requirements of the Electricity Act 1947, Horizon Power requires a licenced electrical contractor to ensure the property is safe for reconnection, if it has been disconnected for six months or longer.

Once the testing is complete the electrical contractor will submit an Electrical Safety Certificate, or if they have conducted electrical work to ensure the property is safe for reconnection a Notice of Completion, to Horizon Power’s Inspectorate by email [email protected] or fax 086310 1044)

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Fill in the form below or view our contact details to get in touch.

* Indicates a mandatory field.

Get in touch

Residential Account Enquiries:
1800 267 926
(8 am - 5 pm weekdays)

Business Account Enquiries:
1800 737 036
(8 am - 5 pm weekdays)

View all contact details