How do I apply for a permit to transport an oversized vehicle?

Transporting oversized (high and wide) loads near overhead powerlines can be a dangerous operation if the appropriate safety measures are not taken.

As a requirement of Main Roads WA, Horizon Power must authorise all load movements across our network where the load is more than 4.3m high and/or 5.5m wide. 

After you submit your request online, Horizon Power will assess the proposed route and movement dates against potential impacts on the electricity network, customers, and our resources (for example escort availability).

A fee is payable to process your application and additional costs may be payable for an escort, observer or for the powerlines to be raised. If no escort and/or line survey is required and there are no other impacts, we will issue a High Wide Load Movement permit.

Apply for a High and Wide Load permit


Horizon Power acknowledges the Traditional Custodians throughout Western Australia and their continuing connection to the land, waters and community. We pay our respects to all members of the Aboriginal communities and their cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this website may contain images, names or voices of deceased people.