Skip to main content

Concessions, rebates and subsidies

We are pleased to provide a number of rebates and subsidies to eligible customers on behalf of the State Government.

Rebate/ subsidy Centrelink Health Care Card Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card Veterans Pensioner Concession Card Veterans Affairs Gold Card (War Widow, Dependant, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Western Australian Seniors Card
Account Establishment Rebate X X   X X  
Air-Conditioning Rebate*   X X     X
Energy Assistance Payment X X   X X  
Dependent Child Rebate** X X   X X  

*WA Seniors Card AND either a Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card or Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card. You are also eligible for this rebate if you receive the Dependent Child Rebate

**You are eligible if you have dependent children on one of the cards listed above. 


To be eligible you must hold at least one concession card and be on the A2 Residential Tariff. WA residents, who live in group style accommodation such as retirement villages and/or apartments, can now apply for the Energy Assistance Payment, the dependent child rebate and air-conditioning subsidy. Find out if you are eligible on the Department of Finance website.

Check your eligibility.

How to apply

If you have an account with us, you can call us on 1800 267 926 or complete the application form belowYou will need your concession card handy (remember to update your records with us each time you get a new card). If you live in group style accommodation and pay for your electricity through a third party, you will need to apply via the Department of Finance website or phone 9262 1486.

Download an application form. Apply for the air-conditioning rebate.

Other rebates and schemes available

Power Price equity scheme

An initiative of the State Government, the purpose of the scheme is to ensure that permanent residents pay the same for power as other domestic customers, as well as be eligible for energy rebates. You must hold a valid concession card to be eligible for the scheme's energy subsidies.

How to apply

You can apply online at If online access is not readily available, a paper application form can be requested from the Office of State Revenue by calling 9262 1486; however, please note that applying online is the quickest way to receive a payment.

Caravan parks

Information about the Caravan Park Tariff Compensation Program is available here. 

Customers experiencing financial hardship may be eligible for assistance through the Hardship Utilities Grant Scheme (HUGS). This scheme assists people in financial hardship to help pay their utility bills and avoid utility disconnection. If you think you might be eligible for HUGS, or to discuss other financial assistance available, please contact us on 1800 267 926.

The Life Support Equipment Electricity Subsidy Scheme provides assistance to financially disadvantaged persons to help cover electricity costs associated with operating life support equipment at home. The Scheme is aimed at people who are dependent on specified life support equipment used in their homes under specialist medical advice and are holders of concession cards that are means tested.

Further information on this subsidy, administered by the Office of State Revenue, is available at the Department of Finance website.

The State Government offers a subsidy for West Australians who suffer from chronic medical conditions which prevents them from controlling their own body temperature. This subsidy helps pay for domestic heating or cooling systems. The annual subsidy is enough to pay for the operation of a room-sized reverse cycle air-conditioner for six hours every day of the year.

The Office of State Revenue administers the Scheme. Application forms, medical guidelines and additional information are available here.