We encourage all customers to be mindful of scammers posing as Horizon Power and Western Power customer service teams. Learn moreClose
Open or close my electricity account
You can easily open a new electricity account or close an existing account online.
Alternatively, you can speak with a customer service representative on 1800 267 926 (residential enquiries) or 1800 737 036 (business enquiries) 8 am – 5 pm weekdays.
Open an account
- Karratha and Port Hedland: where you advise us before 3 pm on a business day, your supply will be connected by the end of the next business day. If your request is received after 3 pm, your supply may take up to two business days to connect.
- All other regional towns: where you advise us before 3 pm on a business day, your supply will be connected by the end of the fifth business day. If your request is received after 3 pm, your supply may take up to six business days to connect.
Close an account
- While we aim to finalise your account the next business day, it may take up to five days depending on metering and location factors.
You'll need some information handy
- Co-tenant's details (if applicable)
- If you are a registered Life Support Customer, please let us know so we are able to assist with your needs.
- If you are an existing customer, please have your Horizon Power account number or a copy of your previous bill on hand (if you have one).