Faults & power outages
To report a fault or emergency call 13 23 5113 23 51
Here you will find information about planned power outages, faults and electricity supply interruptions when they occur. You can also stay up to date by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you need to report a faulty streetlight, please visit this page for more information.
Why do we have planned power interruptions?
At times we are required to plan power interruptions to enable us to upgrade the electricity network, perform planned maintenance or respond to an emergency. This work is necessary to improve and ensure the safety and reliability of the power supply.
Unless it is an emergency, we will give you at least three working days notice before a planned power interruption. This notice may be through advertising, individual notices, telephone, SMS, email, letter or fax.
Please note: While we endeavour to capture all of the planned outages on this page, some of the data may not be made available in time and we apologise in advance for this. Horizon Power may cancel the planned power interruption due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances without notice.
No planned outages at this time
Handy tips during a power outage
- We recommend that you switch off sensitive electronic and electrical appliances prior to the scheduled power interruption, including TVs and DVD players.
- Cordless phones do not operate without mains power, so keep a standard phone or mobile phone handy in case of an emergency.
- Automatic garage doors, security gates, lift and elevators may not operate during a power interruption, so you may wish to make alternative arrangements.
- Avoid opening fridge and freezer doors unnecessarily during planned power interruptions.
- If you have solar panels, your electricity inverter will automatically switch off when power loss occurs and switch back on when power is restored.
- After the power has been restored please ensure all alarm clocks, reticulation systems and security gates (if you have a monitored security alarm without a backup battery, advise your security company of the power interruption) have been reset.
Remember to stay well clear of fallen power lines and contact us on 13 23 51 to report a fault or emergency.
Stay up to date on the roadworks, incidents and events happening across the WA road network.