Horizon Power is committed to developing an accessible and inclusive community.
Our commitment is to provide information, services and public facilities that are easy for all community members to access, regardless of their ability. This is demonstrated in our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP) for 2019 - 2024.
- Service availability and access to events
- Buildings and facilities
- Quality of service
It is a requirement of the Disability Services Act 1993 that all public authorities develop and implement a Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP) outlining how the organisation ensures equal access to its facilities and services for people with disability. Other legislation underpinning access and inclusion includes the WA Equal Opportunity Act 1984 and the Commonwealth Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA).
Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2019 - 2024
We value your feedback
Our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP) for 2019 – 2024 demonstrates how we are working to ensure our services are accessible to everyone, regardless of their abilities.
If you would like to comment on our DAIP, make a suggestion to improve access, or request the document in an alternative format, you can email DAIP@horizonpower.com.au or telephone our customer service team 1800 267 926, TIS 13 14 50 or TTY 1800 461 499.
It is important our website is accessible to everyone.
The Horizon Power website has been designed to be as accessible to as many people as possible. This includes:
- people with disability who may use assistive technologies,
- those with slower internet connections or less than state of the art equipment,
- rural and regional users, and
- those with non-PC internet devices including hand held devices and mobile phones.
The information below provides tips for using our website, searching for information and locating help.
1. Document requests
You can request to acquire any documents available on the web site by using the Contact Us form in the following formats:
- Documents to be made available in an alternative format such as plain text file.
2. Text resizing
You can change the text size of this site from within your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
- Select View, and then select Text size.
- Choose the most suitable size for you.
If you are using Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Opera you can increase the text size by pressing "ctrl" and "+" (Windows) or "cmd" and "+" (Macintosh) and decrease your text size by pressing "ctrl" and "-“ (Windows) or "cmd" and "-" (Macintosh).
3. Navigate the website with a keyboard
You can select the Tab key to navigate around our site. You'll notice a blue box appear around the selected page and you can open the page by selecting Enter.
4. Searching for information
Our site offers two search options:
1. Located in the top menu, you can search the site to find what you want directly with keywords.
2. Located on our homepage under 'How can we help you?', you can search our frequently asked questions.
To enable subtitles on one of our videos, select the Subtitles/ closed captions button in the bottom right corner of the video breakout box. Depending on your browser, the button will be one of these icons:
6. Help and support
We have useful information on a range of topics in our Help and Support section.
Get in touch
If you have a suggestion on how we can improve access to our site, please contact us on:
- TIS (translating service for customers who don't speak English): 13 14 50
- TTY (for customers with hearing or speech difficulties): 1800 461 499
- Residential customers: 1800 267 926 (8 am - 5 pm weekdays)
- Business customers: 1800 737 036 (8 am - 5 pm weekdays)