It is important our website is accessible to everyone
The Horizon Power website has been designed to be accessible to as many people as possible. This includes:
- people with disability who may use assistive technologies,
- those with slower internet connections or less than state of the art equipment,
- rural and regional users, and
- those with non-PC internet devices including hand held devices and mobile phones.
The information below provides tips for using our website, searching for information and locating help. If you have a suggestion on how we can improve access to our site, please contact us.
1. Document requests
You can request to acquire any documents available on the web site by using the Contact Us form in the following formats:
- Documents to be made available in an alternative format such as plain text file.
2. Text resizing
You can change the text size of this site from within your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
- Select View, and then select Text size.
- Choose the most suitable size for you.
If you are using Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Opera you can increase the text size by pressing "ctrl" and "+" (Windows) or "cmd" and "+" (Macintosh) and decrease your text size by pressing "ctrl" and "-“ (Windows) or "cmd" and "-" (Macintosh).
3. Navigate the website with a keyboard
You can select the Tab key to navigate around our site. You'll notice a blue box appear around the selected page and you can open the page by selecting Enter.
4. Searching for information
Our site offers two search options:
1. Located in the top menu, you can search the site to find what you want directly with keywords.
2. Located on our homepage under 'How can we help you?', you can search our frequently asked questions.
To enable subtitles on one of our videos, select the Subtitles/ closed captions button in the bottom right corner of the video breakout box. Depending on your browser, the button will be one of these icons:
6. Help and support
We have useful information on a range of topics in our Help and Support section.
Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP)
Read the DAIP to find out more about our commitment to providing access and inclusion for people with a disability.